Pittsburgh Tea Party Movement
Our nation is at a tipping point, let's push to get it back before it is too late.

Here are three educational videos that help explain the magnitude of the problems facing our nation, followed by our voters guide.  Please pass this on to your friends and ask them to vote for candidates that support tea party principles. 

The first video is by Citizens Against Government Waste and is an eye opening, accurate assessment of the problem with excessive spending and extraordinary national debt. (Incidentally, when Obama took office, our national debt was $3 trillion dollars or $10,000 per citizen.  It is projected to rise to $23 trillion dollars or $70,000 per person once Barak Obama finishes his term and all the stimulus money has been spent.) Click here to view it.

The second video is by a physician Dr. Rob Steele discussing health care rationing under the stimulus plan and the health care law and what it means for patients and physicians if Obamacare is not repealed.  Click here to view it.

The third video is of (retired) Lieutenant General W.G. Boykin from the Special Forces speaking about his specialty, Marxist regimes, the patterns of their development and disturbing signs of emergence in the United States.  This video is dry but worthwhile.   Click here to view it.


If we don't vote and get every likeminded person we know to vote, history will repeat itself.

Below is the Pittsburgh Tea Party Voters Guide prepared by Dr. C. Craven.  Note that all updates to the earliest printed edition appear in red.  An SEIU endorsement is shorthand for "This candidate does not support tea party values."



Pittsburgh Tea Party Nonpartisan Voters Guide

General Election, November 2, 2010

    This Voters Guide may be taken into the voting booth. 

Help to get out the VOTE!

 

United States Senator - Vote for one

Term: 6 years

Salary:  $174,000 with annual automatic COLA

 

Democrat, Joe Sestak, Newtown Square

Member of U.S. House of Representatives, PA 7th District; first elected in 2006; 31 year military career in the U.S. Navy, rank of three star Admiral; BS 1974, U.S. Naval Academy; MA 1980 and Ph.D. 1984, Harvard University.  Supports Stimulus legislation and taxpayer bailouts, higher spending and expansion of  the Federal government,+ Cap and Trade, Card Check, Obamacare.  Record of voting for the Pelosi agenda, 95% of the time.  Because of strong links to the Obama administration was offered a position on the administration's Advisory Board if he would not challenge Specter.  Refused to divulge details once it was evident that the offer was a criminal offense.   Endorsed by Labor Unions.  Endorsed by the SEIU.**Finances for Election:  Raised $5 million+; PAC-16%; Individual-83%.

 

Republican, Pat Toomey, Zionsville

Small Businessman, Former member of the U.S. House of Representatives, 1998 to 2004; Candidate for U.S. Senate from Pennsylvania, 2004, President of  The Club for Growth, 2005-2009. BA, Political Philosophy, Harvard University, 1984. Supports eliminating capital gains tax, lowering business taxes, and decreasing marginal income tax rates for all Americans (Never voted for a tax increase and received the highest score from Citizens Against Government Waste while in the House of Representatives); Opposed Obamacare and proposed choice for patients, competition among healthcare insurers, and tort reform; supports Second Amendment rights, exploration of the outer continental shelf for oil, development of Pennsylvania's Marcellus Shale, nuclear power, alternative energy sources, and energy independence without harm to the environment. Proposes that the Federal estate and gift tax be repealed.   Endorsed by the Eagle Form, Pro-Life Candidate.  **Finances for Election:  Raised $10 million+; PAC-6%; Individual-89%.

 

 

 

 

 

Governor of Pennsylvania - Vote for one

Term:  4 years

Salary:  $174,194

 

Democrat, Dan Onorato, Pittsburgh

Professional background, accountant and lawyer; member of Pittsburgh City Council, 1992-2000; Allegheny County Controller, 2000-2004; Allegheny County Executive, 2004-present.  BS in Accounting, Pennsylvania State University; J.D., University of Pittsburgh Law School, 1989.  Instituted the poured drink tax and the tax on rental cars in Allegheny County.  Favors a reduced state legislature, term limits,  a natural gas tax, adequate public school funding, high quality early childhood programs, green jobs for Pennsylvania, and a new program to address flood of illegal handguns. Has vowed to take up Rendell program to tax Marcellus Shale resources.   Teamster and Labor Union endorsements.  Endorsed by the SEIU. Estimated Finances for Election:  Raised $9 million+.

 

Republican, Tom Corbett, Shaler

Currently serves as Attorney General of Pennsylvania; has served as Assistant  D.A. of Allegheny County; Captain, National Guard, 28th Infantry Division; Teacher, Pine Grove Area HS; Assistant U.S. Attorney,

WDPA; U.S. Attorney, WPDA; Chairman PCCD; Corporate Counsel.  BA in Political Science, Lebanon Valley College, 1971; JD, St. Mary's University School of Law, 1975.  Instituted a government "clean up" by prosecuting politicians known for abusing the power of the office;  Stated he will not balance the State budget by an overall tax increase (clarified that this does not apply to a one issue tax for example,  tolls on a highways), Favors a transparent State government; favors eliminating WAMS, regulating legislator's per diems, and reducing the State Fleet by 10%.  Wants to remove barriers that are crushing job creators;  Supports Tort Reform, competition among healthcare providers across state lines; developing Pennsylvania's Marcellus Shale, establishing a transportation trust fund, public/private partnerships, Schools of Choice, and Education funding that follows the student.  Endorsed by the National Federation of Independent Businesses.  Pro-Life Candidate.  Estimated finances for election:  Raised $5.5 million.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

U.S. Congress

Term:  2 years

Salary:  $174,000 with annual automatic COLA

 

 3rd Congressional District - Vote for one

 

Democrat, Kathy Dahlkemper, Erie

First term Incumbent, U.S. Congressional Representative; With husband, owns a small business; worked with the Girl Scouts of America; Leader in Worldwide Marriage Encounter; Member of Nonprofit Partnership, served as Director of the Lake Erie Arboretum at Frontier Park.  Supports the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (Stimulus).  Claims it is working here.  Wants to repeal 1099 Reporting Requirement for small businesses.  One of her goals is to create economic conditions to grow small businesses and provide jobs.  Dahlkemper voted for Obamacare.  Describes herself as a concerned citizen, not a career politician.  Endorsed by the SEIU.  ** Finances for Election:  Raised $1.5 million; PAC-58%; Individual-40%.

 

 

Republican, Mike Kelly, Butler

Currently, Owner and operator of family auto dealership, Butler City Councilman, Chairman of Redevelopment Authority of Butler.  Board Member of :  Housing Authority, The Gathering of Butler County;  Pullman Park, Quarterback Club, Moraine Trails,  Council of Boy Scouts of America, etc.  Established the Golden Tornado Scholastic Fund and the Mary McTighe Kelly Creative Teaching Grant. Serves on many boards and is a volunteer for numerous community, educational, sports, and automotive organizations.  For his strong support of the Butler Community, received The Catholic Charities Mary DeMucci Award and the Butler HS Distinguished Graduate Award.  The Mayor of Butler named October 26, 2001 as "Mike Kelly Day" for his dedication to his hometown.  Member of the NRA.  Adamant about providing adequately for men and women of the Armed Services and Second Amendment Rights.  Undergraduate degree from Notre Dame University, 1970. Fiscal conservative, interested in developing a climate to grow small businesses and Pennsylvania energy sources; Supports competition among healthcare insurers and tort reform.  Signed Club For Growth Pledge to Repeal any federal health care takeover passed in 2010, and replace it with real reforms that lower health care costs without growing government.  Endorsed by the Eagle Forum, Pro-Life Candidate. ** Finances for election:  Raised $ half a million; PAC-3%; Individual-21%; Self-76%.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 4th Congressional District - Vote for one

 

Democrat, Jason Altmire, North Hills of Allegheny County

Second term incumbent, U.S. House of Representatives; previously spent 15 years as a Congressional Staffer, and a hospital association executive for UPMC.  Bachelor's degree from Florida State University, Master's Degree in Health Administration from George Washington University.  Supports Stimulus legislation, increased Federal spending and bailouts: has voted for the Pelosi agenda over 85% of the time.  At a town hall meeting, stated he would not  work to repeal or defund Obamacare.  Voted for the Nuclear Option for Obamacare before the bill was passed. (N.O. allows a simple majority to override a filibuster, rather than 60% as required by law.)  Lied to 40 people in Pittsburgh Tea Party bus group in Washington, D.C., saying calls for and against Obamacare to his office were split 50-50.  Minutes earlier Altmire told another constituent in favor of Obamacare the following which she wrote to her friends that  "he is flooded by phone calls from the right opposing the health care bill.  He said that he is not hearing from the people who support the bill - and he needs to hear." A study at that time showed that 64 percent of District 4 was against Obamacare.  Adamant about using American steel for government building projects.  Has voted to support abortion. Supports adequate funding for the U.S. military.  Finances for Election:  Raised $1.9 million; PAC-50%; Individual-48%.

 

Republican, Keith Rothfus, Allegheny County

Attorney working with small and large businesses; Established and led new office of Homeland Security to assist faith -based and community organizations in providing disaster relief after natural disasters. J.D., Notre Dame Law School, 1990.  Fiscal conservative, supports growing the climate for small business, pledging not to invoke new taxes for businesses and individuals.  Supports second amendment rights, tort reform, healthcare competition among insurers, individually owned healthcare that follows the patient, adequate funding for service man and women, repeal of Federal estate and gift taxes. Opposes Obamacare and will work to repeal or defund it.  Endorsed by the Eagle Forum, Pro-Life Candidate, Has signed the *Federal Taxpayer's Pledge. **  Signed Club For Growth Pledge to Repeal any federal health care takeover passed in 2010, and replace it with real reforms that lower health care costs without growing government.Finances for Election:  Raised $ Half a million; PAC-2%; Individual-71%; Self-27%.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12th Congressional District

 

Democrat, Mark Crtiz, Johnstown

Currently, completing the remaining term of John Murtha in U.S. Congress; Served several roles as District Director for John Murtha Organization; Special Liaison to Flight 93 Memorial Committee and Que Creek Mine Disaster; received "Patrick Henry Award" from the National Guard Association. Awarded a Bachelor's degree from Indiana University of Pennsylvania in Management Information Systems.   Legislation he has sponsored since going to the House in 2010:  Bill to name a U.S. Post  Office, "The George C. Marshall Post Office,"  Bill to name another Post Office, "The James M. 'Jimmy' Stewart Post Office," Bill to limit allowances, expenses, and salaries of U.S. Senators and Representatives to 95% of 2010 levels.     In the 5 months Critz has been in Washington he has expanded government spending by $60 Billion dollars (Voted yes on $26B bill and $33B bill).  Endorsed by the SEIU. **Finances for Election:  Raised almost $1.5 million; PAC-49%; Individual-51%.

 

Republican, Tim Burns, Eighty-Four

Self-made small technology businessman; since selling his business in 2003, has been active in economic development projects in SW Pennsylvania for developing jobs; volunteers with organizations devoted to children with special needs; Director of the "Amazing Bike Camp Program" in 2008, teaching disabled children to ride two wheel bikes; Directs the Burns Family Special Project, "The Rink of Dreams," a skating program for children with special needs.  BS, Indiana University of Pennsylvania in Computer Science, grew up in Johnstown and worked at numerous part-time jobs throughout high school and college years. Fiscal conservative who supports small business development by removing barriers to growth.  Does not favor raising business or individual tax to fuel increased Federal spending; supports a repeal of Federal estate and gift taxes. Opposes Obamacare.  Endorsed by the Eagle Forum, Pro-Life Candidate, Has signed the *Federal Taxpayer's Pledge. Signed Club For Growth Pledge to Repeal any federal health care takeover passed in 2010, and replace it with real reforms that lower health care costs without growing government. **Finances for Election: Raised $1.5 million+; PAC-27%;  Individual-59%; Self-13%.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                        14th Congressional District

 

Democrat, Mike Doyle, Forest Hills

Eighth term incumbent, originally owned a small business in Swissvale, former Chief of Staff to State Senator Frank Percora, heads the Energy and Commerce Committee.  Received a bachelor's degree from the Pennsylvania State University in Community Development. Obtained Federal Funds for the Doyle Center for Manufacturing Technology and the Supercomputing Center in Monroeville; Supports a national energy policy and the American Clean Energy and Security Act (Cap and Trade); instrumental in getting votes to pass Obamacare by negotiating the executive order as a way to stop abortion.  To date, this compromise has not stopped federal funding of abortion. Voted for Obamacare.  Favors increased Federal spending, Stimulus legislation, and bailouts.  Has been a loyal supporter of the Pelosi agenda.  Endorsed by the Teamsters. Endorsed by the SEIU.  **Finances for election: Raised: $ Half million+; PAC-62%; Individual-37%.

 

Republican, Melissa Haluszczak, Coraopolis

Senior paralegal for the Pittsburgh Office of Pepper Hamilton LLP, specializing in real estate issues.  Bachelor's degree from the University of Pittsburgh, Paralegal Certificate from Duquesne University's Paralegal Institute, Master's degree in Business Administration from the University of Phoenix online University.  Supports term limits, cutting the deficit, elimination of capital gains tax, second amendment rights, lower taxes for businesses, tort reform, tax credits for individual purchases of healthcare insurance. Does not support the various Stimulus Bills, bailouts and increased Federal spending; proposes that the Federal estate and gift tax be repealed.   Endorsed by the Eagle Forum and is a Pro-Life candidate Has signed the *Federal Taxpayer's Pledge. Signed Club For Growth Pledge to Repeal any federal health care takeover passed in 2010, and replace it with real reforms that lower health care costs without growing government.  **Finances for Election:  Raised $22,564; PAC-13%; Individual-86%.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

18th Congressional District

 

Democrat, Dan Connolly, South Park

Native of Upper St. Clair;  Worked at a consulting firm in Washington D.C.; Caseworker for Interim Constituent Services with Senate Judiciary Committee after first year of law school;  BS, University of Pittsburgh, 2006, majored in History and Political Science; JD, George Washington University, 2009. Supports Stimulus and Bail-out legislation.   Endorsed by PA AFL-CIO,  Allegheny Labor Council and National Organization of Women (NOW). ** Finances for Election:  Raised: $116,461; PAC-11%; Individual-42%.

 

Republican, Tim Murphy, Upper St. Clair

Fourth term incumbent, formerly, a Child Psychologist; served in the Pennsylvania State Senate, 1997-2002;  Lt. Commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve Medical Service Corp working with wounded warriors with traumatic brain injury and PTS Disorder.  Received a bachelor's degree from Wheeling Jesuit University; Masters degree, Cleveland State University; Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh.  Has supported Federally funded infrastructure and construction projects under the Department of Transportation, Department of Defense, and Homeland Security; supports legislation to stop China from manipulating currency and from illegal dumping of government subsidized steel products onto domestic markets.  Supports drilling in the outer continental shelf for oil, along with developing alternative energy sources Pennsylvania's energy sources; opposes amnesty, favoring a comprehensive immigration plan and secure borders.  Supports reducing business taxes.  Also supports Israel's right to defend her borders and funding for American military in Iraq and Afghanistan. Supports pro-union Card Check legislation.  Co-sponsoring legislation for union bail-outs without limits, requiring taxpayers to fund defunct union pension funds, mismanaged or underfunded.  Pro-Life Candidate.**Finances for Election:  Raised $1.3 million; PAC-57%; Individual-42%.

 

*Federal Taxpayer's Pledge from Americans for Tax Reform headed by Grover Norquist is a Federal taxpayer protection pledge.

**Election finances taken from:  www.fec.gov and www.opensecrets.org.  Last report of finances, June 30,  2010.

Abbreviations:

JD stands for Doctor of Jurisprudence, the basic degree awarded to a law school graduate to become an attorney.

Ph.D. stands for Doctor of Philosophy (highest academic degree)

Information for this Guide was obtained from the League of Women Voter's Guide, Candidate Web Sites and Home Pages, Newspaper reviews, Life PAC, Eagle Forum, Federal Election Commission, Americans for Tax Reform, Club for Growth

Specific Web sites:

www.fec.gov 

www.lwv/pa

www.pafamily.org

www.palwv.org/voting

www.opensecrets.org

www.repealit.org



 

Safe Unsubscribe
This email was sent to pwcooper@helicon.net by pittsburghteaparty@gmail.com.
Pittsburgh Tea Party Movement | Freeport Road | Pittsburgh | PA | 15215